Arizona Probate Lawyer
How Does Probate Work?
- All property and assets of the estate must be accounted for,
- All taxes, expenses, and debts must be paid,
- Beneficiaries must be identified,
- and a Probate plan must be submitted to the court.
- Once the court approves the probate plan, the executor is tasked with distributing the estate per the wishes of the testator.
An executor is a person who administers the will according to the wishes of the testator. What powers they have can be determined during the probate process, which often include paying the testator’s outstanding debts.